Commercial Building Permits
Welcome to the Commercial Building Permits Page!
Here, you'll discover everything you need to know about obtaining a building permit for your commercial construction projects. We provide comprehensive information on permit requirements and procedures to ensure a smooth process for your business endeavors.
*Construction documents for any commercial building permit must be signed and sealed by a registered design professional in the State of Pennsylvania and must be reviewed and approved by a third-party agency before submitting a building permit application to the Township. Review the list of certified 3rd party plan review agencies.
Please be advised all electrical inspections are performed by a Township-approved third-party agency. Review the list here.
Below are the types of work/projects that require a building permit.
If you are not sure please give call us at 724-693-3080 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Interior Alterations, Buildouts. and Renovations
|Re-Roofing (Any type)
|Electrical Work (Only)
|Mechanical Work (Only)
|Communication Towers and associated work on Antennas and equipment.
|Sprinkler System (New Systems, additions, and alterations).
|Fire Alarm System (New Systems, additions, and alterations).
|Kitchen Hood System (New Systems, additions, and alterations).
|Alternative Extinguishing System (New Systems, additions, and alterations).
|Stand-pipe System (New Systems, additions, and alterations).
|Swimming Pools, Spray Pads, Hot Tubs, and Spas.
|Electrical Vehicle Charging Station
Permit Submission Required Documentation
Utility use construction projects may not require a registered design professional and/or third-party plan review, but should still be discussed with the Community Development Department. Upon completion of a third-party plan review, the following documents are required for a building permit:
Permit Turn Around Time
Upon submission of the required information listed above, the permit will be reviewed within 2 to 5 business days. Please be sure to include a clearly legible email address on your application (and actively check it) as all permit follow-up correspondence is sent to the applicant's email.
For all inspection requests excluding electrical and plumbing, please utilize our designated email address: email@example.com.
- To facilitate your inspection request, kindly provide the following details:
- Name and Daytime Phone Number:
- Permit Number or Address: One of these must be provided for identification purposes.
- Type of Inspection(s) Requested: All necessary inspections and their respective requirements are outlined on the permit placard. Please ensure the responsible party has a copy of this list and scheduling information.
- Date of Request:
- Time Frame of Request: Time frames are scheduled in 1-hour increments between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. Priority will be given to concrete pour inspection requests. If a specific time frame is unnecessary, you may simply request "anytime". Please note that inspectors may arrive slightly early or late depending on schedules.
All inspection requests must be submitted prior to 12:00 pm for next-day inspections. Requests received after 12:00 pm will be scheduled for the following day.
Confirmation and Changes:
- A confirmation email of the scheduled inspection will be sent, along with any potential day or time changes if needed.
Alternative Request Method:
- If preferred, you may also call the inspection scheduling line at 724-693-3125 to request an inspection. However, please note that we only return calls if an inspection request must be moved or canceled.
- Please refrain from directly contacting individual inspectors for inspection requests.
- Frame inspections will not be scheduled until the rough plumbing inspection report is submitted to our office, and the rough electrical inspection is complete with the sticker onsite. The same procedure applies for final inspections.
- A reinspection fee of $100.00 may be required before conducting a reinspection, at the inspector's discretion.